Add Apple CarPlay and Android Auto to 2016/17 Nissan Leaf remotely via SD Card.
This product is firmware that can be sent over the internet, it requires no shipping. It is compatible with the 2016/17 Nissan Leaf. No need to take apart the dash, just insert the card! It adds a wide range of functionality to your device, including:
- Updating the head unit, map version and enabling navigation even if the original SD card is missing.
- Enabling Apple CarPlay and Android Auto for a seamless smartphone integration.
- Automatically accepting Nissan Data terms if Decline is not clicked after about 5 seconds, so you're not having to manually click accept every time you start your Leaf.
- Enables the ability to talk to Siri on iPhone or Google Assistant on Android via the push to talk button on the steering wheel.
- Sets the default language to English with the option to change it.
You’ll also be eligible for free lifetime updates from Xanavi. You only have to buy one activation key for your car and all future releases will be supported.
Here's some reviews from customer's who purchased this product:
"I bought Apple CarPlay and Android Auto to 2016/17 Nissan Leaf remotely via SD Card. The service is excellent. It works like a charm. Too bad you have to connect your phone through a USB cable and not bluetooth. All and all very satisfied."
"Reply from Storeline UK
Thank you so much for the positive feedback,
To explain why, Bluetooth does not have the capacity to broadcast video as well as audio which is why CarPlay only runs on the USB cable. Newer cars that support wireless CarPlay do so by using a WiFi receiver in place of the USB connection, you can find these aftermarket on some site like Amazon that will give you that functionality, however it needs a hardware change not software, and according to the feedback it can take a while to connect so some still prefer the cabled connection as it's more reliable.
But now you know if that's something you're trying to look into.
I hope that helps,
"great... perfect solution"
"Reply from Storeline UK
Currently under development:
- Integration of charge and climate control timers via the head unit. You can still control the car through Nissan EV Connect, either using the app or a smart home integration such as Alexa but the timers are currently not available in the head unit menu.
This system is compatible with both the 24 and 30 kWh UK Leaf (2016 and 2017 model year) that use the new menu interface pictured below:
(Visia system is not supported)
You'll also need any 32 GB SD card, similar to the one pictured below, that can be ordered from any major retailer. As well as a computer with an SD card reader, if you don't have one you can just connect a USB adapter.
It's easy to install, here's our step by step guide: https://ameliaconnolly.typeform.com/to/sfWLQBc1
The steps consist of:
- Downloading the HDD Raw Copy Tool (freeware): https://hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/
- Install the .ISO file to the SD card. - We'll email you a faster download link via Google Drive.
- Insert the SD card and activate through customer support. (Your version needs to be activated by Xanavi)
- You are now free to use all the functionality including Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
If you have any questions please feel free to get in touch by phone +443300431357, email firstname.lastname@example.org or the chat in the bottom right hand corner.
Here's a video tutorial: